Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fish Lake


Brad convinced me to go to Fish Lake this Monday and Tuesday, and I was surprised at how much fun I had! Besides staying in a VERY rustic one-room cabin and cookin' our food out on the grill, Brad and I took the baby out on the pontoon for some fishing-and I caught my first one!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I can't believe you gutted that, sick, but I'm so proud of you,... see you guys next week!!

Kathryn said...

Yay! I am also proud of you! We will have to go on a fishing trip with us all. I had so much fun with you on Saturday. We love you guys and will miss you something terrible. We will tell Ossie about Boston everyday so they can be good friends when they see each other.

McKelle said...

Nice job Carmen! I wish that I could have come to fish lake too! Well there is always next year...hopefully! Love ya -McKelle

Fishing on the Pontoon

Fishing on the Pontoon

This fish would seriously not die. After we stuck the knife in it's butt, slit it open, pulled out the guts and sliced the gills this thing was STILL moving! I was freaking out-it was nasty!

Look at all the blood on my hands! Gross.

My brother-in-law Casey was the one who pulled this sucker out of the water-I wasn't even really sure I had caught a fish until I heard them all yelling from the back of the boat, "Hey! Someone caught a fish!" I thought my line had just snagged (hard) on Jeanette's line and that's what all the tugging was about. I didn't want to get my hopes up that there was a fish on the end, but there was! It was a rainbow trout and BIG!